Golf League Software - Schedule Editing
The following was extracted from actual instructions inside the golf league software protected area.
Delete or Publish the
Accessed by opening "Schedule/Edit Schedule" on the left Navigation Bar
|See a Sample Of Page 1 Here
The first section shows the schedules you have created. If you have created more than one schedule, all will be listed
- Delete the entire schedule:
Each schedule begins with the text "Delete Schedule" and a red "X" icon - .
Clicking this icon will completely delete the schedule.
- Show/Hide Summary: :
This segment will turn the Summary Schedule "On" or "Off". It displays an "Un-published" symbol with a red "X" like this: ,
which indicates that the summary schedule has not been published for members yet. Only administrators can view the summary schedule and only in the "Edit" mode.
Clicking the "Un-published" icon will change the icon to published; it will look like this .
This indicates that the "Summary Schedule" has now been published so members can view and copy it. It also can be viewed by the administrators by clicking "Summary Schedule" on the
left or top navigation bar. Click this symbol again to un-publish again.
NOTE: You control two publishing features; one for the summary schedule and one for the calendar schedule. This feature only affects the summary schedule. We'll cover publishing of the calendar schedule
later in this tutorial.
- Edit Schedule:
This segment of the schedule bar contains a link to the "Schedule Editor". Clicking the name of the desired schedule to edit will open the "Schedule Editor". Click the desired "Schedule
Name" to start the edit module (Page 2).
EDIT Schedule - Page 2
Publish and Manage the Schedule
Accessed by clicking the "Schedule Name" on Page 1
|In this section we can publish the detail schedule to the calendar as well as change and add dates to our schedule.
|See a Sample Of Page 2 Here
When the schedule opens, you have several options to edit:
- Move Schedule
- Add Date With a Note
- Change Date
- Delete a Date
- Remove or replace a player ( Team if you have a team schedule)
- Publish the schedule to the calendar or unpublished it
This option opens the schedule moving wizard. Several options are offered:
- Start moving date - Moves all future dates beginning with the date selected
- Number of days to move - 7 days = 1week, 14 days = 2 weeks, etc
- Direction -
Forward = All selected days will move ahead the number of previously selected
Backward = All selected days move back the number of previously selected
- Week days to move - Only the days checked will move, all are checked by default
Example: Un-checking Sunday will move all dates except those on Sundays
- Click the "Move Schedule" button to execute
Add Date & Note
|This option opens the add dates wizard. The wizard will add any date you enter but the new date will not have opponent assignments. Instead, it will add a note of your design to the
bottom of the schedule to explain the special schedule date. This feature allows the admin to put dates in the schedule that are not pre-matched schedules. Some examples would be: Outings, Scrambles, Pre-season
- Select the new date to add
- Type a description for the new date
- Click "Add This Date"
Change a Date
|This feature lets the admin change the date of the round. This is especially good when a round is rescheduled due to rain or some other unplanned event. When the play date is changed,
the schedule for that date moves to the new date. If you have published the schedule, the calendar will also reflect the changed date.
- Click on the date to be moved
- The wizard displays a edit box
- Enter the new date
- Click "Change Date"
Delete a Date
|This feature lets the admin delete a play date in the schedule. This is a good feature if you want to clean up play dates that were never played or that are not needed in the future,
but beware.... This data cannot be retrieved or reversed. So, make sure you do not need the schedule before deleting it and don't forget you can always move it to a different date if that would solve your
- Click "Delete a Date"
- The wizard displays the delete selection box
- Enter the date to delete
- Click "Delete Date"
Remove or Replace
|This feature lets the admin to remove a player or team and replace them with another player or team.
This is a good feature if you want to clean up play dates that were never played or that are not needed in the future, but beware.... This data cannot be retrieved or reversed. So, make sure you do
not need the schedule before deleting it and don't forget you can always move it to a different date if that would solve your problem.
- Click the "Players Name" or "Team Name"
- The wizard displays a selection box with a player or team name at the top
- Select the new player or team from the select box
- Select the starting date going forward at which the new team or player will start
Note: you can only change players or teams going forward, past dates cannot be changed
- Select "Remove without replacing" if you just want to remove the team
- Select "Re-activate this player/team if you want to reactivate a team or player that you have already removed
- Click "Update Player/Team"
|This feature lets the admin publish matches to the league calendar.
The summary schedule is a quick tool that allows players to see who plays who on what date, or in the case of teams, what team plays what other team on any given play date. When you publish the schedule
to the calendar however, the actual players are listed with current handicaps. So for example, in the case of team 1 playing team 2, you may have forgotten who the players were on the team that you play;
the published schedule shows who the players are that you are matched against.
- If the schedule has not been published, Click the "Publish the schedule to the calendar" link at the top of the page
- If you would like to remove the schedule from the calendar, Click "Remove the schedule from the calendar" link at the top of the page
- If published, the schedule will appear on the calendar
- If unpublished, the calendar will be empty